Wedding Florist in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill NC
You’re probably already keenly aware of the bouquet you’ll need to carry down the aisle, but don’t forget about all the other places you can add some fresh, natural beauty with flowers! Flowers on the edges of the aisles, in table centerpieces, on the backs of chairs, and even in the bride and bridemaids’ hair can tie the whole wedding together in one beautiful floral fantasy. Like everything else, remember to start your search for a Raleigh wedding florist as soon as possible—if you wait until the last minute, you might not get the quality or type of flowers that you’d like! Below are some tips for choosing your wedding flower decorations, and some amazing wedding florists in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and Cary.
How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Flowers in Raleigh
- Establish a budget. A bigger budget will allow for more elaborate designs and pricier flowers, while couples with tighter budgets might want to settle for simpler greenery.
- Gather inspiration. Start by browsing photos from real weddings, wedding magazines, and online sites like Pinterest. Start making notes about your preferences when it comes to color, shape, texture, and style.
- Scent or no scent? Discuss with your partner whether you want to stick with fragrant blooms—like lilacs, freesias, peonies, and jasmine—or go scentless to avoid irritating any guests.
- Go with the season. Just like the food you’ll be serving, going with what’s currently in bloom will keep costs low and accentuate your theme. Think tulips and peonies in the spring, dahlias and mums in the fall, and poinsettas and pine boughs in winter.
- Match your color scheme. If you’re feeling completely stumped about your wedding flowers (we know there are a lot to choose from!), think of them in terms of color to help narrow down your choices. Dahlias, carnations, mums, roses, tulips, and lilies are just a few of the flowers that come in most colors.