Wedding DJs, Music & Entertainment in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill
Ever imagined a live string quartet playing your wedding march as you walk down the aisle? Or perhaps your rustic farm wedding wouldn’t be complete without a folky band complete with banjo. Or, maybe you’d like to liven up your reception with a Raleigh wedding DJ who really knows how to get the crowd going! When it comes to showing your guest a good time at your wedding, there are countless options here in the Research Triangle. Check out our tips for booking wedding entertainment below, and keep scrolling to see some of our favorite wedding DJs, musicians, and entertainers in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill.
Tips for Booking Wedding Entertainment in Raleigh
- Book early. The sooner you book your Raleigh wedding DJ, singer, or band, the more prepared you will be for last-minute cancellations, and the more likely you’ll be able to get exactly what you want.
- Consider your venue. Many venues have noise restrictions or other requirements and regulations concerning music. And other venues may permit just about anything, but lack the logistical framework to support, say, a bunch of speakers and amplifiers.
- Think of the space. There’s no need to book a massive band if your stage and dance floor will be tiny. At the same time, you don’t want your guests milling around on a huge dance floor with a lone DJ in the corner. Think about the space you have to play with and imagine your guests in it before adding the entertainment.
- Augment your theme. The music is a perfect opportunity to accentuate the mood and theme of the night. A 1920s jazz band would really be the highlight of a vintage-themed evening; folksy bluegrass is great for rustic barn weddings; and a classic opera singer fits well in a classic church venue. Be creative, and book what you love!
- Check the fine print. Be sure to know up-front what would happen if, say, the band has a last-minute emergency or cancellation. You don’t want to be on the hook for a band that never shows.