Wedding Ceremony Facilities in Raleigh NC, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill
Brides in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Cary area are fortunate to have a wonderfully rich selection of wedding venue options to choose from. Whether you want an elegant, traditional place of worship; a rustic, shabby-chic farmhouse; or an edgy, modern downtown loft, you’re guaranteed to find a wedding venue option that’s perfect for you. Remember to book your venue as early as possible, and check out our wedding planning blog if you need more advice!
The Most Popular Types of Wedding Ceremony Sites
Choosing a wedding or reception venue in Raleigh can be a bit overwhelming. To help narrow down your search, check out our list of popular wedding venue types below!
- House of worship: These sacred spaces are ideal for traditional weddings. Some may offer event space for receptions as well.
- Hotel ballroom: An excellent choice for those hosting a lot of out-of-town guests. You and your guests can celebrate right on site, and no one has to worry about transportation or designated drivers.
- Banquet halls: Banquet halls work well for weddings with bigger guest counts. Many offer in-house catering and other services.
- Farms & Barns: These rustic venues offer down-home, casual charm in an intimate, cozy setting.
- Historic Home/Mansion: We are lucky to have many of these in the Raleigh-Durham area! Elegant, stately historic homes can make for charming, airy wedding venues. Most provide outdoor as well as indoor spaces.
- Park/Garden: A naturally beautiful option, flowering parks and gardens are often more affordable venues, as they usually don’t require much décor. However, you will usually need to rent a wedding tent and chairs, or have another back-up plan in place for inclement weather.
- Vineyards & Wineries: If you can’t decide between “outdoors” and “luxury”, vineyards are a great compromise. Even if you’re not a wine lover, these unique locations offer incredible scenery that make for wonderful photo ops.