Wedding Cakes in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill
Need a handmade wedding cake, personalized wedding favors, or custom cupcakes for a bridal shower? You’re in luck—Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and Cary are home to a number of incredible wedding cake bakeries offering extraordinary fare. Whether you’d like a classic 3-tiered wedding cake, or something totally unique, the only limit is your imagination! Keep scrolling to learn about some of our favorite Raleigh wedding cake bakery options.
Tips for Choosing a Wedding Cake Bakery in Raleigh
Like most wedding vendors, the options for a cake bakery can seem endless. Start your search by doing online research, reading local bakery reviews, and asking friends and relatives for word-of-mouth recommendations. Then, get ready for your consultation with the following tips.
- Start early. Wedding bakeries tend to book up fast, so you’ll want to reserve your spot well in advance to ensure the baker is available on the date of your wedding.
- Be ready with the basics. Before even considering red velvet vs. vanilla bean, your baker will need to know the nitty-gritty details like the wedding date, venue, cake budget, and estimated head count.
- Bring inspiration. Mood boards, magazine clippings, photos of your wedding color palette, and even your dress will all help your baker understand exactly what you’re envisioning.
- Consider the venue. In an outdoor summer wedding, delicate buttercream icing won’t withstand the heat, for example. And fragile sugar flowers might not survive a long trip across town, even with the most careful of bakers.
- You do you. Don’t choose flavors you think everyone will like; choose the flavors you like. Remember, it’s your wedding and this is your cake. If you want a pink champagne flavored cake topped with raspberry mousse and vanilla buttercream, get it!