Hair, Make Up, Skin in Raleigh NC, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill NC
Once you’ve chosen your gown and the jewelry to accessorize it, you’ll want to decide on your wedding hair and makeup style. When making your decisions, remember that the most important thing is to choose a look that makes you feel confident, comfortable, and like yourself! Keep scrolling for more tips on choosing wedding hair and makeup, and check out our list of Raleigh wedding hairstylists and Raleigh makeup artists to get started.
How to Choose Your Wedding Hair & Makeup
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of hair and makeup options available, especially if your day-to-day style is rather low-maintenance. Here are some tips to help you select an amazing hair & makeup artist.
- Start with Google. If you’re completely a loss for where to begin, get your search on. Pinterest, wedding magazines, and celebrity red carpet looks are all great places to pull inspiration.
- Try it before you buy it. Scheduling trials with a professional makeup artist and/or hair stylist will let you test your look before the wedding itself, and give you ample time change your mind if it’s not quite what you expected.
- Match your theme. Whether your wedding aesthetic is vintage glam, low-key beachy, or rustic romantic, matching your makeup to the theme will create a polished and cohesive look.
- Think about the climate. Even the priciest foundation won’t look good under a coastal August sun.
- Don’t overdo it. Try not to let the stress of “looking good on your wedding day” force you into styles and products that look and feel unnatural. Instead, go for a subdued, comfortable look that brings out your true beauty and lets you shine.
Are you a Raleigh hair or makeup artist who would like to be featured on this page? Click here to learn how to become one of our awesome vendors. Wedding DJs, Music & Entertainment in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill
Ever imagined a live string quartet playing your wedding march as you walk down the aisle? Or perhaps your rustic farm wedding wouldn’t be complete without a folky band complete with banjo. Or, maybe you’d like to liven up your reception with a Raleigh wedding DJ who really knows how to get the crowd going! When it comes to showing your guest a good time at your wedding, there are countless options here in the Research Triangle. Check out our tips for booking wedding entertainment below, and keep scrolling to see some of our favorite wedding DJs, musicians, and entertainers in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill.
Tips for Booking Wedding Entertainment in Raleigh
- Book early. The sooner you book your Raleigh wedding DJ, singer, or band, the more prepared you will be for last-minute cancellations, and the more likely you’ll be able to get exactly what you want.
- Consider your venue. Many venues have noise restrictions or other requirements and regulations concerning music. And other venues may permit just about anything, but lack the logistical framework to support, say, a bunch of speakers and amplifiers.
- Think of the space. There’s no need to book a massive band if your stage and dance floor will be tiny. At the same time, you don’t want your guests milling around on a huge dance floor with a lone DJ in the corner. Think about the space you have to play with and imagine your guests in it before adding the entertainment.
- Augment your theme. The music is a perfect opportunity to accentuate the mood and theme of the night. A 1920s jazz band would really be the highlight of a vintage-themed evening; folksy bluegrass is great for rustic barn weddings; and a classic opera singer fits well in a classic church venue. Be creative, and book what you love!
- Check the fine print. Be sure to know up-front what would happen if, say, the band has a last-minute emergency or cancellation. You don’t want to be on the hook for a band that never shows.